October 18, 2019

Lumps and Bumps, Moles and Holes


I used to be ACTION Dog. 

Now my Back Legs are Stiff. I am Deaf. I have Lumps and Bumps.

Outside in my Field, I Stand Still. Why Am I Here?

I began writing My Blog Fourteen-and-a-Half Years Ago. 


Little Pickle dug a Big Hole in my Field. 

Pickle dug Three Holes. Pickle is Digging a Tunnel.

He Scents MOLES.


Muddy Feet. Person Covered Pickles Holes.


Pickle has a Muddy Nose. 



Sometimes, just Sometimes, Little Pickle Stops Pickling.

When he Lies Down Pickle likes to Annoy Milly. Or Person. Or Zara.

Or ME.

Person says I am growing Very Patient in my Old Age.

I Sleep. I Rest. I Ignore Pickle.


Persons says Reading my Post makes her Sad.  I'm not Sad. I'm Happy.

Anyway, Person is Tired Out by taking me out in the Middle of the Night because I am Old and Can't Wait.

Person is Tired Out by Chasing After Pickle.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 pm

    Hi Pip -
    Do you have an Arch Enemy? I do not have an Arch Enemy, but Penny has two. Her Arch Enemies are other dogs who look almost like her. They live about 5 houses up the street. Their persons take them on walks past our house. Penny sees them and acts like a crazy wild dog, barking and lunging at the gate. Persons do not understand. Penny has not met these dogs. Other dogs walk by our house and all of us might bark, but none of us go crazy. One dog that used to live here called Kate had Arch Enemies too. Kate's Arch Enemies were three beagles. They would drive by in a car with their person and would be barking very loud and lunging at the car windows to get out at Kate. Dudley and I do not have Arch Enemies. We are friendly dogs. Penny is usually friendly, but not to her Arch Enemies. Your friend Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doyle, are you happy now your Person has Come Back Home? I am very interested in what you say about Arch Enemies. Like you, I don't have any Arch Enemies. Pickle is sometimes a little bit of enemy but not Arch. My Person goes to see some dogs where every other dog is an Arch Enemy.

    When you are all barking a dogs that dare to walk past your house you are doing a Good Job. You are shouting Go Away and they Go.

    Person says I am becoming Very Placid in my Old Age. I put up with Pickle. I don't grumble at him anymore.

    Bye Bye Doyle. Until next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 pm

    Hi Pip,
    Is it cold where you live now? Have you had snow?
    I am just back from a big adventure. Dudley, Penny and I went to Deer Camp with the man. We are outside all day. The man's friends like us and we help around camp. They feed us things when the man is not looking. There was one dead deer in a truck. We did not get to sniff it up close. Penny and Dudley would go by the big campfire at night, but I stayed in the cabin. I do not like fires. Dudley likes to sit on his chair on the front porch. We are all very tired and need to rest from the excitement of it all. Your friend, Doyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an Exciting Life you have Doyle. I have a Boring Life. I don't go on Big Adventures to a Deer Camp. I am too Lazy now. Pickle, Milly and Zara would LOVE Deer Camp and being outside all day. I would be like you, indoors by the fire.

    ReplyDelete